Friday, July 29, 2011

Challenge 1: Come as You Are- The Materials

Challenge 1! From Just Crafty Enough

This week the designers were woken up at 5:00AM by Tim Gunn and told to come with to the workroom in whatever they were wearing in bed and a single top sheet. They then had to create an outfit using their pajamas and that sheet.

This was a toughie for us as we don’t have pajamas our models size, so we needed to come up with a tweak to make this work. So, here is your Project Project Runway challenge.

You can use either the clothes your model is currently wearing OR a 10″ x 10″ square of fabric similar to your own pajamas. On top of that, you can use a handkerchief worth of white cotton or cotton-ploy blend fabric. The standard woman’s handkerchief is 10″ x 10″. You can manipulate the fabric anyway you want with dye, fabric paint, etc… You can also add things like buttons, velcro, and trims.

Make it work!

Time Limit – 18 hours (spend no more than that amount of time working on your design)

Accessories – Feel free to chose shoes and accessories from the Piperlime Accessory Wall to go with to go with your outfit.


Come as You Are


A PJ Challenge! How fun! So, since my model came in a bikini (which I guess you could sleep in, but I choose not to), I decided to use some leftover fabric from my PJ pants. Stripey cotton, Yay!


Come as You Are


Add in a plain white 'sheet,' and we're ready to begin. Assuming I had any idea what to do. I haven't made doll clothes since I was a kid, so this will be interesting. Here's hoping I pull an 'Anya!'


1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Make it work! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. :)

    ReplyDelete